1. That it's easy to bite off more than you can chew. That I need to learn to say "no" sometimes. That it's ok not to do everything you're asked to do.
2. That all that glitters isn't gold. A sweet friend of mine has one of those lives that people envy - myself included. A great house, great kids, great husband, great furniture, great vacations, etc - you know what I'm talking about. She got "real" this summer and admitted a few things that let me see behind the green curtian - like when Dorothy, the Lion, and the Tin Man saw that the Wizard wasn't who they thought he was - and I learned that not everything is as it appears......One more reason to be thankful for what I've been given and a nice reminder to quit comparing myself to others.
3. That time flies. Really? Where did the summer go? I didn't get to do all the fun "summery" things that were on my list. Time really flew this summer. I'm a tad bit sad about that.
4. I learned a little bit more about what a "Heart friend" is. Another sweet friend used this term once while she was going through some trials and I didn't quite understand what she meant. I learned a little about "Heart friends" this summer. I want to be one.
5. I learned that I really do like homeschooling - even for High Schoolers!
6. I learned that I don't have to beat myself up over homeschooling - that the last several years have paid off - and that we don't have to reinvent the wheel. I learned that I can back off a little and enjoy this journey and my kids are going to be ok. Really - they are.
7. I learned that not all advice is good advice - even when it comes from well-meaning sources.
8. I learned that "there's no place like home".
9. I learned that God apparently wants us to stay in Sikeston -at least for now.
10. I learned that I really love our small group. I love having 20 plus people in my house on Sunday nights. And I love the 20 Somethings that let us pour our hearts into their lives. Thank You
11. I learned that I need to be thankful.
12. I learned that Grandmothers really do pass away - We lost our Mimi on July 4 our our Nona on Sept 3. They will be missed.
13. I learned that sometimes you can follow something - but that it doesn't always lead you where you thought it would. Sometimes you walk in a straight line - and sometimes you come around full circle. Right back where you were to begin with - although a little thicker skinned and street wise because of the journey.
14. I learned that I love some things about Jay - really, madly, truly love them.