Friday, May 7, 2010

Looking for the Source

I just finished reading a little book called "When Happens When Women Say Yes to God" by Lysa TerKeurst.  In  Chapter 7, she quotes C.S. Lewis.....
      I think all Christians would agree with me if I said that though Christianity seems at first to be all about morality, all about duties and guilt and virtue, yet it leads you on, out of all of that, into something beyond.  One has a glimpse of a country where they do not talk of those things, except perhaps as a joke.  Everyone there is filled with light.  But they do not call it goodness.  They do not call it anything.  They are not thinking of it.  They are too busy looking for the source from which it comes.
     Lysa follows with this prayer   "Oh, Lord, give me the desire to be too busy looking atYou to consider anything but Your plan!  Strip away my short and narrow vision to see the wonderful adventure of truly being Your follower.  Help me to be like Your disciples who followed immediately and fully rather than like the people who simply played games at the foot of Your cross."

Oh how often I have merely played games in the comfortable shadow of the cross.  Like Lysa - I pray that I can follow immediately and fully!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment