Saturday, January 29, 2011

March Madness

Lori will be arriving back in the States with us on March 5th or 6th (depending on travel).  We don't want to waste any time getting her hearing fully checked out.  So, she has an appointment on March 23 at Central Institute for the Deaf in St Louis.  They will be doing a full hearing assessment that day and making ear molds for hearing aids.  They will also determine over the next several visits if she is a candidate for Cochlear Implants.  Next Friday, I will be attending a full-day workshop to learn about children with hearing impairments and the services available for them in Missouri.   I am so excited to start this part of the journey with Lori.  Pray for us as we seek wisdom to give her the best options we can for her hearing.  Tonight - we snuck out for a quick date night and ran into a family we know who has a daughter that has a hearing impairment.  She was sporting the cutest pair of pink hearing aids you ever saw!  I'm so excited for Lori and what her future holds.

2 comments:

  1. You will love CID! I know I do. I am just thrilled for you family and would love to help any way I can. And you are right, little pink HA are cute :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...we just found your blog! We're a bit behind schedule...I guess Kentucky is making us slow pokes! So excited for your adoption :) Hopefully we can see the new lancaster when we're in Sikeston next!

    ReplyDelete