Monday, July 4, 2011

Songs to Jam

We're waiting - and have been all weekend.  For that phone call to let us know that our dear, sweet Mimi has breathed her last breathe on this side of Heaven.  She has been such a blessing to us - her fiesty personality and her love for our children - including the one who looks like she spit her right out! are traits only someone like her could posess.  Jay has always said she's his favorite and I think she may feel the same about him.  They share a special bond and she will be missed.  But we know that she has brighter days in her future and have no doubt that soon she'll be walking with Our Lord. 

For some reason - these last few days have brought up several memories stored in the back of my mind from years gone by.  I'm usually not sentimental - almost to a fault.  I've even teared up a bit today - not over Mimi - these last 2 years have been horrible for her - so I'm glad she's made it to the end of her journey and rejoice with her that she has faithfully run her race.  But over other things - small moments in time - days long gone that can never be re-created.

I found a picture of my firstborn - taken around her 1st birthday with a big red bow in her curly locks - now in a few short weeks, she'll be entering High School.

I sat and talked with a precious, precicous friend as she battles Stage 4 Cancer talking about what could have been and what is.

I listened to an old CD entitled Songs to Jam - only a few out there will recognize that titled written in Black Sharpie around 10 years ago about this time of year.  A group of crazy guys who thought they could throw together a band to play for a bunch of camp kids.  Soulfire - sure do miss those days - more than I ever thought I would.  That was such a turning point in our spiritual life.....Grubby - You Rock!! and you made a permanent dent in ole' Jay Lancaster.  A deep heartfelt thank you.

I've thought about some upcoming events in the life of one near and dear - ones that might sting a bit - and I'm sorry for what isn't and for what might be. 

Maybe too much thinking - sometimes that's what happens on lazy holidays when work is forgotten and families get remembered.

"For everything there is a season......"

No comments:

Post a Comment